Monday, April 6, 2009

The reason my laundry isn't folded...

my new header. I love designing stuff on my computer. It is fun for me to design invitations and stationery orders for friends but mostly I find myself designing for no reason - designing things I will never use. It's theraputic for me somehow to create a bunch of little polka-dots or cut out the image of a flower with my mouse. It's the same with painting. So a couple of days ago I decided I would "pimp my blog", as my friend Molly says, and the blogs of my friends (see Ordinary Days, Diapers and Dishes. Others in progress) because apparently I had nothing else I needed to be doing. It is fun for me and I love being able to do things for my friends. But here's the problem with my artistic side......I can't shut it off. There can be a million things I need to do around the house and I am instead painting a flower pot in leopard print. It's like I have artistic ADD. Today I was walking to the laundry room with a pile of dirty clothes when I noticed that my brown leather magazine holder would look supercute with a cream fleur de lis painted on the front of it. I put down the laundry right there and went for my paint brush. By the grace of God, (I mean that literally because I have been praying for help in the housework department. Me actually doing it, I mean, not that angels would swoop down and do it for me.) I stopped, realized I was having a weak moment of screwed up priorites, and put the brush back. So I have laundry that is clean and no fleur de lis. It's a step in the right direction I would say. Now I just need to go and fold it....

1 comment:

  1. you crack me up!! Good for you for realizing the "weak" moment! P.S. the bags of clothes are sooooo cute! Macy's wearing one tomorrow for her Easter party! :)

    ReplyDelete