Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cute finds at Walmart

A friend of mine had a great idea to do a post on cute finds at Walmart or Target. Since I was already in the store this past weekend to buy groceries, I decided to start with Walmart. Can I just say that people look at you strangely when you walk around taking pictures of clothing and shoes without ever putting anything in your basket. I somehow felt I was doing something illegal by sneaking my phone out my purse, snapping a quick shot, and immediately putting it back. Anyway, I did find some cute things.
First off, how cute is this tank? Pretty sure I want it in all the colors seen here. I would wear this with a pair of jeans and flipflops all summer long. Yes, I said jeans. If you could see the white-ness of my legs you would understand. Now, don't go buying the version of this tank with little peace signs or starts all over it, ladies. Not unless you are thirteen. The ruffle with the addition of a print like that makes it too juvenile. I think this was only $5.00. Woohoo!
Last year at Walmart I bought a couple of these sundresses that are gathered at the top and I wore them a ton. They are comfy and all you have to do is throw it on with some cute sandals and you are supercute in no time at all. I see this looking awesome with a gladiator sandal. I believe the price was $10.00. It also came in a purple color but I love me some chocolate brown with turquoise.
Ok, this picture is pathetic. I looked on their website for a better one but couldn't find it. I somehow didn't catch that it came out this bad or I would have retaken it. Just try to envision a cutey plaid top with a tie belt and ruffles in the front. Now there's a lot going on with this top so go simple on bottom. I love the idea of a white jean or capri and a metallic leather (or pleather, I have my fair share of pleather) sandal.
I have friends that look so stinkin' good in these knee length, bermuda-type denim shorts. I don't know if I'm too tall or what, but I always want to love them on me and I never do. For those of you out there that look cute in this type of short, check these out. They are only $15 and they have little patches of a vintage floral material showing through. I know that sounds a little young but I see it looking really cute with a plain white tank top and some flat sandals. Summer is the time of year where we can get away with things like this so go for it.
I am so firing myself from taking pictures. Ok, the thing I love about this sandal that you totally cannot see from this pic is that the straps are a satin material. That combined with the cork sole makes this perfect for summer. I also heart the silver version that is peeking into the right side of the picture. I think these were $10.00.
Since I have a little girl I can't go without mentioning some of the cute stuff I found in Hayden's section. If you have boys...sorry. I have no idea what is cute for boys and I couldn't even locate the older boys area in the store to take pictures. As soon as I feel Dave Ramsey would approve, Hayden will be owning this top in both the white and the plaid. Love!This tank too. It is $3.50 people!!!!! That ruffle is so stinkin' cute and it comes in a million different colors.Over in the older girls section I spied this cute tank. You can't really tell from the picture but the top layer has a sheer leopard print pattern to it. It is also a bubble tank so the bottom gathers up underneath. Too cute!
Lastly, still in the big girl area, I found these shirts. The remind me of shirts Old Navy has with random saying printed on the front. The great thing here is that it also has a supercute braiding detail around the neck and a flutter sleeve. I think these were around $4.50 and they also come in a lot of solid colors if you like the braid but don't want the extra stuff.
Well, that's it for this shopping trip. I would have spent more time but I needed to actually buy groceries, since that's what I went for, and get home to make dinner. Next time...Target. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I've been loving the tanks and shorts for awhile. The shoes are too cute also. When's payday?

    ReplyDelete