Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter '09 - Pics Galore...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter yesterday. My little family sure did. After a great church service we went home where Hayden and Ryan took naps and I did some cooking. For dinner we went to my parent's house where, along with Ryan's parents, we had a wonderful dinner. My mom set a beautiful table complete with china and we stuffed ourselves on ham, green beans, sinful potatoes, fruit salad, homemade bread and carrot cake. I made the cake from scratch for the first time off a recipe I found on All Recipes. It was soooooo yummy and, if you don't mind chopping a bag of carrots, it was easy. I'll post the recipe at the end of this post. Now for the pics...
We had Hayden's Easter egg hunt on Saturday since we knew it was going to rain on Easter. She loved it so much that we had to re-hid them so she could play all over again.
We wanted to take a cute posed family picture where all of us were smiling at the camera and this is what we got...

The Easter outfit! The pics we had taken at Portrait Innovations in her Easter attire turned out much cuter but posting those is kinda illegal so here is my handiwork....I love this picture of Hayden and her friend from church, Ellie. This is exactly what Hayden looks like when Wow Wow Wubbzy is on the tv....
Here she is with Ryan's parents aka "Chippy & Mimi"...
Unfortunately, my dad had already gone to get the car by the time I'd taken pictures so I had to snap the "Pa-Pa & Mommo" pic at lunch. Gotta love an Easter picture taken in Taco Mayo...

Here is the carrot cake recipe:

4 eggs

1 1/4 c. oil

2 c. sugar

2 tsp. vanilla extract

2 c. flour

2 tsp. baking soda

2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. ground cinnamon

3 c. grated carrots

1 c. chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour either a 9x13 baking pan or two round cake pans. Beat together eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder salt & cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in pecans. Bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

FROSTING: 1/2 c. butter, softened

8 oz. cream cheese, softened

4 c. powdered sugar

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 c. chopped pecans

Combine all frosting ingredients but pecans and beat until smooth and creamy. Stir in pecans. Frost cake once cooled.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful Easter...the pics are adorable! thanks for the recipe...the service on Sunday was awesome...you sounded beautiful!!!

    you'll have to check out my blog for a little bit of news... ;)

    ReplyDelete