Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just to make you smile...

While I was at my parents' house on Easter I found some more fabulous pictures from my past and thought I'd share. I'm pretty sure that if you looked this amazing you would share too.

This is me on my first day of 5th grade...I showed this pic to my hairdresser, Brenton, and he said I looked like I was trying to be Debbie Gibson. This look does kinda scream "Electric Youth". I love the highwaisted, tapered pink pant. It's always a good idea to tuck your shirt into your stretch pants, I think. My Fantastic Sams nightmare hair (no offense to Fantastic Sams. I'm the girl who butchered my hair in 1991 doesn't work there anymore) looks just adorable with my Blossom hat, doesn't it? That's about all I can say about this one.
Next up, my 8th grade Valentine's dance...Ok, I know I'm pasty white now but SERIOUSLY! I have to say, no updo is complete without a pair of matching tendrils in front, and to show up at the dance without dyed to match shoes?....well, that would just be embarrasing.


I saved the best for last...Aint nothing like a thirteen-year-old trying to look forty. Now that I'm in my late twenties I can't really see the appeal in that. I was so in love with the picture at the time. I'm fairly certain that, had they let me leave Glamour Shots with it, I would have worn that extremely stylish sequin jacket to school because that's how cool I was. Except that I totally wasn't. Looking at these pictures I'm starting to understand why.

I would like to challenge all of my friends with blogs to locate their Glamour Shot pictures and post them. You know you have one.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sooo on it! You're gonna die when you see mine!!! lol I can't wait, what a fun challenge!! I'm seriously laughing outloud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am probably one of the only people in the world without a glamour shots photo....I was a bit of a tomboy and wouldn't have been caught dead in that much make-up! I do have some really nice photos though....i'll have to share eventually....when I have enough guts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hilarious Alyssa, love it!

    ReplyDelete