Friday, April 10, 2009

Product...

People have been telling me that they are looking forward to my universally flattering cosmetic colors post. Ok, so maybe just two people have said that but it's enough to make me excited to write about it. So Molly and Jamie...this one's for you.
The most famous universally flattering blush out there is by Nars. The color is Orgasm. Yes, I know. I blushed just now (no pun intended) even typing the name but there you go. It can be found at Sephora and is on the more expensive side but it really is pretty amazing. Somehow it's pinky-peach golden shimmery color works on everyone. The blush became so hugely popular that Nars expanded upon it and created a lipgloss of the same color and name. Yes, I have owned it and yes, it is equally as fabulous. You can look here at their website to see all of their Orgasm products. That just sounds so wrong. I will say that if you have dark hair and olive colored skin (think Salma Hayek), then I wouldn't go with this color. It's too peachy for you but hey, if you look like Salma Hayek you don't need any makeup anyway. This is great for redheads, blondes, and brunettes if they have fair to medium skin.
For lips there are a few colors out there that I personally think look great on everyone. MAC makes a lipcolor, "O", that I love for the fact that it adapts to the person wearing it. Even on me it seems to look different depending on what I'm wearing that day. In the tube it looks dark, red-ish, purple-ish, gold-ish. When on, it takes on whichever of those colors is the most flattering on that person. I don't know how it does it but on some people the red tones stand out more and on others the purpley-plum color comes through. If you are a blonde, this is going to be more of a Fall/Winter or "going out for a night on the town" color for you. Brunettes, you can get away with it anytime, just make sure your eye makeup is toned down.
Another lipstick that I used to have and love a long time ago is Clinique's Black Honey Almost Lipstick. I can't tell you how many times I've read magazine articles talking about the flattering factor of this color. In the tube it looks scary - almost black. But when you put it on, it is a very sheer berry color that is soooo pretty.
Drugstore brand alert! Ok, here is another really weird makeup name: Wet 'N Wild lipliner number 666. Why would you even give it that number!?! On their website it has the number and a color name, Brandy Wine, but when you look at the actual pencil it just has the number. This is another one that looks different to me on everyone. I loooooove to put LipSmackers Lip Sparkler lipgloss in Vanilla Frosting over this pencil. It is sheer with a bit of shimmer and it moisturizes your lips while letting the color of the pencil show through. It is a bolder color. I like to wear it for photo shoots because it always shows up in the picture.
Here's one for all my blonde friends and brunettes with fair skin. Loreal Infallible lipgloss in Sunset. This is my latest obsession. Just go get it. You'll see. If you are a fair-skinned redhead this color will work well for you too. If you have darker red hair and are on the tanner side, go for the Barely Nude color.
Lastly, for the eyes, I love Clinique's Quick Eyes Cream Shadow in Sunlit Palm. It is a muted moss green with a bit of gold shimmer in it. I can't think of a friend I have that wouldn't look good in this color. Just apply the cream on your lid evenly all the way up to the crease. Pat it with your finger to smooth it out and voila! Just put on some mascara and your eyes are finished. I'm sure a color similar to this can be found at the drugstore too I just haven't found it yet.
Once again, I love getting your product questions so be sure to leave them for me. Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. product oh my! I'm going to be coming back to this post frequently! I think I'm going to get the Nars blush this week-I'll let you know! Thanks for responding, I'm all about it. Maybe a walmart/target outfit post soon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Master Alyssa! I have some serious shopping to do! I am most excited about the blush--hehe! Also, I have heard of MAC "O" and am excited to try it. And I would have never thought to go green on my lids--you're making me so adventurous!

    What's funny is, I asked this friend of mine what lipcolor she was wearing just a few days ago because it looked so great, and it was Clinique's Black Honey. I was like, "Oh, yeah! I forgot about that lipstick!" She said she has worn it for years, but that they are always out of it. She said for this last tube, she actually bought a $50 gift set just because it was in there. She told herself, "I'll find a use for the rest of this." Ha! Now that's some good lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love Black Honey! Thanks for all the tips, goodness knows I can use them...

    ReplyDelete