Thursday, February 26, 2009

You know what, Mama?...

I decided that today was going to be different from all other days in a really big way. I was going to make sure that I acknowledged God, and His presence, all throughout my day. Even bigger, I was going to make sure that Hayden knew it. I pray for my daughter constantly. Her health is what I pray for more than anything else. I recently realized, however, that I was missing something very important. I wasn't praying with my daughter. I wasn't taking the time each day to talk about God and point out all the wonderful things He does in our lives. I've just been trying to make it through each day with strong-willed toddler and I've been leaving out the most important thing. So today needed to be different...and it was! I was putting Hayden into her car seat to head to gymnastics and I decided to have a conversation with her about God. I told her that God loves her very much and that He made her special. I went on to explain how He made the beautiful sunshine and all the pretty flowers she loves to pick. "Even the rainbows?", she asked. "Yes, even the rainbows!" "Wow!", she said, her little wheels turning. We had been riding in silence for a few minutes when I heard "You know what, Mama?" "What, baby?" "God made you special, too." Minutes later, when I had finally dried my tears, I thanked God for this amazing day of new beginnings.

2 comments: