Friday, January 15, 2010

Yes, I am writing a post entirely about barbecue sauce.

A while back my mom purchased some barbecue sauce from a lady outside Mardel. She used it for little smokies recently. When we tasted it we realized that it was the greatest tasting barbecue sauce we had EVER had. When I asked mom what it was she said she had thrown the bottle out after she poured the sauce out onto the little smokies and she had no idea what the name was. Now, had she meant her kitchen trash can I most certainly would have gone digging for that bottle. Unfortunately, my dad took out the trash right after that, so it was tied up in a bag in the large trash can outside.
So imagine my extreme excitment when she was outside Walmart today when I went to buy groceries!!!! I'm sure she thought I was crazy because she could tell I was really happy to see her!
Turns out the sauce is called Sweet Spirit Food's barbecue sauce. It comes in mild, medium and hot and it is $6 a bottle. We will be having barbecue chicken this week now. I'm practically salivating right now just thinking about it.
The sauce is made here in Oklahoma and part of the proceeds go to the Christian Life Missonary. You can read about their story and order sauce at their website www.sweetspiritoklahoma.com
Seriously, if you love food as much as I do, you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment