Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Update on my dad

Praise God! My dad's pancreas is responding to the treatment! He still has a long way to go but his lipase counts were down to 17,000 from 21,000 last night. Still a long ways away from 60 but, hey, we're headed in the right direction! He won't be having his gall bladder surgery today after all. They said they have to treat the pancreatitis first as that is the more serious issue of the two. My father-in-law (now my dad's doctor :)) said he will probably have the surgery on Thursday or Friday depending on how his pancreas looks. I appreciate the prayers and I know my parents do too. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the update-- that's great news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your dad is doing better. I ran across this blog, thought you might like it!
    http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/

    Liz

    ReplyDelete