Monday, January 25, 2010

Please pray for my dad

My dad went to the emergency room this morning with unbearable pain in his abdomen. They discovered from his bloodwork that he has severe pancreatitis. Your lipase counts for your pancreas are supposed to be around 60 and his were 21,000. No typo. I meant to have all those zeros on there. They have also discovered that he has gall stones. They think this is what caused the pancreatitis. He will have surgery tomorrow to remove his gall bladder. That is pretty routine and we aren't really worried about that. His pancreatitis is the problem due to the severity. My father-in-law is a physician (such a blessing) and he is taking care of my dad so I know he is in good hands. He was honest with me and told me it was serious but that he was going to everything he could to make him better. Please pray that my dad has complete healing of his pancreas and that his surgery goes well tomorrow. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. we will be praying for your dad. keep us updated. love you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa, I will keep your dad and your family in my prayers. God will guide the hands and hearts of those who care for him.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete