Sunday, January 24, 2010

I feel like I've just been punched in the stomach

I just finished a 45 minute cardio session and I think I need throw up. How many workouts do I have to do before this feeling isn't an automatic part of the deal? I despise cardio. I seriously hate having my heart rate elevated. I will do handweights and squats everyday if I need to but I HATE cardio. I tried to go running with my husband the other day and after only two minutes of running I felt like my lungs were on fire. It really is sad how out of shape I am.
I am having to buck up and deal with it because I entered the Mrs. Oklahoma pageant....and they are kinda expecting me to wear a swimsuit. I am determined to win the swimsuit award. I have been doing my cardio workouts, eating waaaaaay better and way less for that matter (only when I'm hungry instead of when things sound yummy!). I have started doing my toning excercises in our bedroom at night while Ryan is watching tv. I'm actually pretty proud of myself because I normally would have given up by now.
By the way, for the pageant I have been assigned the title of Mrs. Greater Edmond so, for all of you married women living in Edmond, I guess I'm representing you now! Hopefully with all this ridiculous cardio I can represent you well!

2 comments:

  1. Good work out, Alyssa! Ha! You represent me (as a woman of Edmond) much better than I do myself....you're at least 30 years younger! You already look great, good luck with the workouts and you're going to do fine!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful and you will look perfect in your swimsuit....keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete