Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Drumroll please.....(Argyle reveal)

Well, I'm sure that ever since I talked about my plans for Ian's nursery at the blog post HERE, you have been frantically checking back daily - sometimes hourly-to see if I've posted the pictures of the argyle walls. Not really, you say?? Hadn't really thought about it, you add?? Well, here they are anyway. I'm sure happy with the way they turned out!

Here's what we started out with, people. It's about a far from boy-ish as you can possibly get. I had made this room into a playroom for Hayden when she was about 18 months old so I went with pink, pink, a touch of black and white, and more pink. She hasn't played in there in over a year so it had become the room where you throw random things that don't otherwise have a place, shut the door, and pretend that they aren't there. I'm really good at that.

I don't know how well you can see it, but this pic shows where I drew out my diamonds using a ruler and level.

So step one was to paint all the dark chocolate paint. I hate taping off on detail work because have the time it bleeds and you have to touch it up by hand anyway. So, even though it takes me longer, I just use an angled brush and steadily paint the lines of my diamonds. There's still some touch-up work to be done but, in the long run, I think the lines look cleaner this way.
And here they are!!! The diamonds are in the colors of the bedding which you can see in the previous nursery post I linked above.
You can still see a touch of pink at the top of this next pic. The ceiling still needs to be painted. It will be the lemony-lime color.

I'm so happy with how it turned out! My next project is to paint the dresser aqua, glaze it with Van Dyke glaze and spray the pulls red. Should be cute! I can't wait for this room to come together!

4 comments:

  1. i know i posted on every picture of the nursery on facebook. but i am SO impressed. love it friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Amazing!! Want to come finish a baby girl's nursery in ATX? :)

    ReplyDelete