Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Nursery Plans (thus far)

Ok, so I'm a planner. I start planning things like Hayden's birthday parties (Pink Poodle theme this summer) and what she's going to wear for Halloween waaaaayyyyyy before it is necessary. You combine that with the fact that I live for an excuse to re-decorate and, OF COURSE, I'm going to have the nursery planned at only 14 weeks into pregnancy! So when we found out a couple weeks ago that we are having a boy! (Ian Bradford. We, of course, already had that picked out going in!) I immediately started pulling together ideas. Well, ok. If I'm honest, I'd already picked out some bedding I liked a couple weeks before our ultrasound. :)The thing is, it was custom bedding and, the more I thought about it, I really didn't want to pay almost $400 for crib bedding. I knew I could use that money in other areas of the room. So this past week I started combing the internet searcing for something else I liked. I want this room to be on the modern side with dark walls and white furniture. Here is what I found and what I have come up with so far: (click on the links to visit the websites and see things in better detail)


My plan is to paint the chair rail in the room white to match the white crib and trim and then paint the walls the color of the darkest dot. I order the fabric swatch card because in the pic I can't really tell if that color is chocolate or dark grey or a dark grey-ish brown. Whatever it is, I'll match it.


Below the chair rail I am going to paint an over-sized argyle pattern with some of the other colors found in the bedding. I can't wait to get started on that project! I will painting the dresser we have the blue color and then glazing it and adding colorful knobs. Should be super cute and should stand out against the dark walls and other white furniture pieces.


Ok, here's where I have been having fun.....what to hang on the walls?????? Etsy to the resue!!!!


This is what I have found on Etsy to hang over the dresser. They come unfinished but I will paint all of them differently in the colors of the room. Some solid, some with pattern. Then I will hang them in a big collage. I've seen it done on an HGTV show one time and it looks adorable.


From the Etsy shop Bornagainfurniture

Next is what I'm pretty sure will be my favorite part of the room once it is completed. I found 8 different modern-ish prints in different Etsy shops that I absolutely LOVE!!! They will customized to the colors in the bedding so they all match. Some will be 8x10 and some will be 11x14 but they will all be in the same modern, white frame. I am going to hang them in a collage above the crib. Here they are..... again click on the shop links to check out their other items.

From AppleBlossomPrint



From AddigailDesigns From sugarfresh
From PosterPop
From AppleBlossomPrint
From Chaiv

So that's the main stuff so far. I need to find fabrics for curtain valances, rocking chair cushions, pillows, etc. along with lots of little details. But, considering I have until Oct. 1st, I think I'm doing pretty good on time. :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Sooo adorable!! Can't wait to see it all together! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back to blogging!!! Love everything thus far!

    ReplyDelete