Sunday, May 15, 2011

10 of my favorite drug store finds

I talk a lot in my product posts about Bobbi Brown and other lines that are a bit on the expensive side. I realize that's not always practical so I wanted to share in this post some of my favorite things I buy at the drug store ( Walgreens, specifically). Here they are in no particular order:

1. Garnier Nutri-Pure Detoxifying Wet Cleansing Towelettes


I love these face wipes. I've used all the different brands of wipes and I always come back to these. Face wipes are perfect for people like me. Read: LAZY. I'm that person that totally goes to bed with her makeup on if I've run out of my wipes. It's awful and I always pay for it later. These do a wonderful job of removing all my makeup and the smell is pleasant. It could be all in my head but, I really feel like these, combined with the next product, give my skin a really great texture.


2. Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch SunblockI love everything about this sunblock. I love the smell and I love the feel. This is actually what I use as my everyday moisturizer. It soaks right in to the skin and doesn't leave behind any kind of greasy feel. I couldn't go without this product!


3. Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Fast Dry Nail Color


Since the Insta-Dri polishes came out, I have been accumulating all the different colors. It does dry faster than any other polish I've ever tried but I also LOVE the brush! It's wide and flat with a curved tip that follows the line of your cuticle. It's wide enough I can usually get my pinkie nail in just one swipe!


4. Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara


While I can't say that this is my absolute favorite mascara (that would be Trish McEvoy's High Volume Mascara) I CAN say that it is, without a doubt, my favorite drugstore brand. I try all the new mascaras when they first come out if they claim to creat volume and I always come back to Lash Blast.

5. Caress Evenly Gorgeous Exfoliating Body Wash


I'm that person you see at the drugstore opening the lid of every body wash, shampoo, deoderant, etc. to check out the smell. I'm a bit smell obsessed. Smells are very personal so I can't promise you'll like it too, but I completely heart the smell of this body wash and I love that it is exfoliating like a body polish. I kill two birds with one stone that way.

6. Loreal Infallible Lipgloss


By now, probably everyone knows my obsession with this lipgloss. My personal favorite color is Sunset for everyday wear. It glides on perfectly like a gloss and then sets into a kind of liquid lipstick that stays for hours. This is one of the few lip products that I buy back to back.

7. Loreal Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion


This is, by far, my favorite drugstore self-tanner. The bronze liquid is very easy to see when it goes on, ensuring even coverage, and the color can't be beat.


8. Almay Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover Pads



These don't burn the skin around my eyes and are very effective at removing eye makeup - much more so than liquid and a cotton ball, in my opinion. One tiny pad can remove all the makeup from both eyes.


9. Maybelline Mineral Power Perfecting Concealer Cream


I don't recommend this for your "spot" concealer because typically something thicker is needed for those kinds of coverups but, for under your eyes, this concealer is perfect! You want a thinner, lighter feeling concealer for that delicate tissue under your eyes. Heavy creams will tug on that skin as you apply them and, over time, that will create bags. This one is gentle because it is liquid-like and it does a great job of covering under-eye circles.


10. Old Spice Body Wash in Swagger

Ok, so this one is for the hubs - not me- but oh, how I love it! Every time Old Spice comes out with a new smell I have to check it out. This is my current favorite for Ryan. It makes the whole bathroom smell good when he takes a shower.



I'd love to hear from you what some of your favorite drug store finds are!!

2 comments:

  1. I love these Alyssa, and I love the Walgreens shout out! haha!

    My favorite drug store buy is actually something you introduced to me, Covergirl Natureluxe Foundation. Don't usually wear foundation, but this one is so lightweight and has SPF. Thanks for more great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this. and am going to make a list right now.

    ReplyDelete