Wednesday, May 4, 2011

You know you've thought about it.....

By now, you've probably all seen these nail polish strips by Sally Hansen at the drugstore. If you're like me, you look at them with interest every time you go to the store but you wonder to yourself, "Could I pull off leopard toenails??". Here's some examples of the patterns the strips come in. My neighbor has this houndstooth on her toes and it is darling. This is the pattern I'm trying to work up the courage to try. lol

I love how this looks like fishnet tights.
If they came in small enough sizes I would definitely do this for Hayden's nails.


Well, I decided I'm just not ready for any of those patterns. It's kinda like those feather extensions that are so big right now. I love them on other people but they aren't for me. So I got excited today at Walgreens when I found another brand and saw this silver pattern!
I loved the metallic pattern and, since it's all the same color, I didn't feel like it was too "crazy" for me.

They are basically like stickers. You peel one off at a time, stick it to your nail starting at the cuticle, and smooth it out toward the tip of your nail.

Then you take a nail file (the one that came with the packaging was worthless so I used my own) and file off the edge.


And voila!!! Ok, I realize that my toes aren't the prettiest thing to photograph but it's cute, right?Maybe by the end of the summer I'll be brave enough to try the houndstooth :) I'd love to know which ones you try!

2 comments:

  1. Here's my question: do they peel off right away? Do your shoes disturb the sheets? So many questions!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! They come off with nail polish remover just like nail polish! I have slept and showered in mine and they still look great. I think you might start to see some wear on them after a week or so.

    ReplyDelete