Friday, April 29, 2011

Lipstick: Q & A

So, I finally received a question on one of my product posts and I was thrilled for the chance to do some research!! Here is the question I received:

Q. I know you've posted about lipstick before, but any you recommend? I'm so fair (and unlike you don't have dark hair or eyes to offset it), and also really hate the feel of traditional lipstick...any great lipsticks for fair people that feels more like chapstick you could recommend?

A. I had to look into this one a bit since I tend to go more for the drier lipsticks just because I like to know they'll stay put. However, I have come up with a few options! I went by the Clinique counter at the mall because I wanted to look at the colors of their Almost Lipsticks. Well, much to my surprise, they don't make them anymore, with the exception of their best-selling Black Honey. Since you are a fair-skinned, redhead, that's not the color for you. I asked them if they had come out with anything else that was on the sheer and soft side. She showed me two options that I think you should check out.

One was their Chubby Sticks. It's like a lipgloss/balm in a stick but it still has a good amount of color to it. The color I bought (well, of course I bought one for myself!) and that you'd probably want too is called Mega Melon. It draws on like a thick lip pencil but it glides on with the feeling of a balm. It's color can be sheer or you can build it up as you keep drawing. To really make it subtle, blend it out with your finger after just one layer. Even though it's in pencil form, you can roll the tip up and down so there's no need to sharpen it.

Second is their Butter Shine lipsticks. I have had one in the past and they feel heavenly when you put them on. I think they look even glossier on than the Chubby Stick. There are a lot more colors in the Butter Shine than the stick so you'll need to go to your Clinique counter and have them help you find the perfect shade.

For a drugstore option, Cover Girl has just come out with new NatureLuxe Gloss Balms. They give sheer color with a bit of shine and they contain mango and shea butter to make them extra soft. For you, I would recommend checking out the colors coral and cinnamon. Since they are CoverGirl, they'll be about half the price of the Clinique but you can't try the colors on before you buy to make sure they are perfect. Just something to keep in mind.
Happy shopping!!! I hope this helped!!!

If you have any product questions, please ask away!!! If I don't know the answer I'll find someone who does!

3 comments:

  1. This is great!! I'm not fair skinned, but I love the choices for a sheer lipstick.

    P.S. Took your advice about the 7 day scrub, it's miraculous. Thanks Alyssa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I'm a sucker for beauty products, and I agree - the 7 day scrub you recommended is fantastic. Clinique just sold 2 tubes because of your blog - they should hire you to promote their stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these beauty tips - keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete