Monday, May 11, 2009

Behind the Scenes - Oklahoman Photo Shoot

One of the things I love about Linda Miller, fashion editor for The Oklahoman (aside from the fact that I found out she reads my blog!) is that she always comes up with really cool ideas for photo shoots. She has a vision (or a wision as Ryan and I like to say) and she and photographer Chris Landsberger make it happen. They may sound crazy as she is describing them over the phone but they always turn out awesome. There was the time that I was told to report to a wheat field in Piedmont, OK where I ended up on top of a hay bale...And the time she said "It's going to be really cool, we're going to white out your face and give you blue lips and I bought those crystal twig Christmas tree decorations at Hobby Lobby and we're gonna put those in your hair with some fake snow." M-kayyyyyy? Well, I'm always on board and they always turn out to be very cool and artistic. See that last one below. Chris even added sparkles to my eyelashes in Photoshop.

So...last week Linda called to say we are shooting in a mechanics garage...in all white. Then she said this!......."there is a new guy at the YSL counter in Dillards here from LA and he used to do makeup for America's Next Top Model and he's GOING TO DO YOUR MAKEUP"!!!!! Ok, people, if you know me you know I was slightly freaking out after she said that. I met him tonight and his name is Johnny and here he is:
Aaaaanddd, here's his makeup:I tried to take a picture of the artistry that was my eyelids but my phone can only do so much. The pics came out looking like I had a black eye and that would not be a very good representation of his fabulous work, now would it?

This really is going to be a great spread I think. It was really fun and the backdrop ended up being so cool. I totally got to pose in this car:


Here is my friend Cortney shooting me a grin in between pics. She and I model together quite a bit but this is our first Oklahoman shoot together. Love that girl.
Here is Chris photographing Cortney:
And here's the back of Linda's head. She refused to let me take a picture of her face so you'll just have to admire her cute razored bob.
No pics of me since I was taking them all. I'll post a link to the finished product when it comes out at the beginning of June. In the meantime, you should all go to the Yves Saint Laurent counter at the Penn Square Dillards and have Johnny Bruner do your makeup. You'll be able to say that someone who did makeup for Miss J has done your makeup AND you'll look fan-tabulous. I promise.

1 comment: