Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jumping on the burlap bandwagon...

It seems as though every home decorating, do-it-yourself blog I read is featuring projects done with burlap. I love everything I've seen and burlap is so cheap so you can do a lot of the projects inexpensively. I came across a tutorial here at Where The Heart Is for a burlap wreath and I knew I had to do it. I need a wreath for my door for all the months that don't have a specific holiday - something neutral that can work year round. I thought this would be perfect. It really was simple and easy to do. The steps are well outlined in the tutorial. I took the letter I had used on my Fall wreath and added for a little something extra. I think it works well with the toile fabric behind my door's window. If you are wanting to make a wreath for January, March (unless you actually have a St. Patrick's Day wreath), May, June, August, and September, give this one a try.

For other burlap projects, check out the sisters at Shanty2Chic. Those sisters love them some burlap and they know how to use it. Not every project uses burlap but tons of them do and you can get a lot of good ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Cute idea! I need something for the spring and summer months and this is one that can be changed out. I might even dye the burlap (Did you see Project Runway?) and add doo-dads for each season/holiday. As usual, Alyssa, you come up with the neatest ideas!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete