Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The week in which I lose my mind...

It's here, my friends! The week of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Breath of Life Gala. Ryan and I are the co-chairs for the third year in a row and this week always is one where I have a basquillion projects and I make about thirteen to-do lists every day. One big project I have every year is Hayden's Art Piece (or basket depending on what you want to do) of Love. There is an entire table in the silent auction set up for families of CFers to have items in honor/memory of their loved one. Some people do themed baskets but since there was an option to do an art piece I have always done that. Last year my canvas with the scripture "For this child, I have prayed" went for $300 so I decided to step it up this year and try to bring even more. I decided I would make a little girl's outfit that has the same theme as the canvas. Above Hayden's closet doors I have a sign that says "Such a big miracle in such a little girl". I thought that, given what the night was about, that phrase made sense so I decided to have my canvas say that and I would make the shirt to say simply "Miracle". Last year I did leopard print accents so I decided on zebra this year. I never remember to take "in progress" pictures so here are the finished products.
I painted the letters to match the fabric letters on the shirt. I am not going to lie, I really want to keep that outfit. Oh well, hopefully it can bring some good money Friday night! You might say a prayer that we have a successful night and that we raise a lot of money for medical research...and that I don't lose my mind before then :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, that outfit is adorable! And I can just picture Hayden wearing it!!! Since you sew (I am envious of your talent!) you could make her another one. Good luck on the auction!!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sad we wont be able to make it to the gala.. but we will definitely be praying for its success!!! i know this is a lot of work for you and your husband, alyssa!! i am proud of you guys!!! and by the way, your canvas and outfit is precious! i cant wait to see how much it brings in!!!

    ReplyDelete