Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Back from NYC

Well, I'm back from a very successful shopping trip to New York City. This is an annual "event" for me, my mom and my mother-in-law (yes, we all get along that well and, yes, I know how blessed I am). We have been going every Fall Break for about six years. This year my friend Kristin went with us and she is officially part of the NY group now. I laughed as she said, "Not to make this awkward for you guys or anything but, I'm coming back next year". We would have invited her anyway. I think she can actually outshop us and the girl even had a back injury. Kristin and I became fast friends over the summer. She and Ryan went to school together and our moms teach together. Any time I would write a CF fundraising email, my mom would forward it to KayDell who would forward it to Kristin knowing she would know Ryan from high school. So for a few years she read emails about Hayden and, one day last winter, Ryan, Hayden and I ran into her and her girls at Unpluggits. We exchanged "Hello, nice to meet you"s and that was it. When my CF walk email went out in May I got an email back from her saying they had made a donation and that she and her girls would love to get together for a playdate. And that was it. On that very first playdate we had each other at "I make hairbows" (her) and "I made my upholstered headboard" (me). If we go a day without at least three text messages (we prefer talking but we have three kids between us!) then something is wrong. Don't even get me started on how much I love her girls and how much love there is going on between them and Hayden. She is a blessing in my life and I love her. So anyway, I don't usually take any pics on our NYC trip but I took a few. The first is of the Brooklyn Bridge and the others are just random pics either in the car or the airport. The last pic, you know, the extremely flattering one, is a perfect representation of what Xanax does to you while you are waiting for you plane. It's the only way we can fly without panic attacks. See, we were meant for each other.

Wow, that's a pretty one of me.

In other news, Hayden has her first modeling job this Thursday. She and I will be doing a photo shoot for Hobby Lobby modeling fleece fashions. The photos will be featured on one of the idea brochures they have hanging around the store. Last I checked, a pic of my head is still dangling from the aisle where they sell all the beads wrapped in a beaded head scarf. It's kinda weird to be shopping on that aisle and have your face staring back at you the whole time. Anyway, look for it around the fleece sometime this winter.

Lastly, a prayer request. Please pray that the swine flu vaccine will actually make it to Hayden's CF doctor this week. I have had her pulled from school for three weeks now thinking she was going to get the vaccine a while back. If this flu can kill healthy children it can certainly put a CF child in the hospital very quickly and I haven't been willing to risk it. Well, each week they either haven't made enough, it went to the state health dept. first, they got the mist that people with underlying conditions can't have instead of the injection etc. etc. I really want her to be able to go back to school. She is getting bored with me and she really misses her friends. The health dept. told Dr. Reyes that he would be getting some injections this week but they couldn't say when. Please pray that this actually happens, that Hayden gets one, and that she can go back to school.

That's all for now.

3 comments:

  1. What a great newsy blog post! First off, we miss Hayden terribly!!! Can't wait for her return! Hug her for me! Second, I'm in Hobby Lobby all the time in the bead aisle so I'm going to make it a point to look for that picture of you! That and the fleece one of you and little Miss Hayden. Glad you had a girls adventure in NYC...looks like you survived the fun.

    Liz
    http://ninnysnotesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so pretty!

    we are praying for hayden and that she stays healthy during all this flu mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun!!! I am glad you got your NYC fix for a short while. I will be back in the city for a dr. appt on the 4th at 9:30. Molly is taking maternity pics for me after my appt. Maybe we can do lunch or something? I want to see you soon! Miss you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete