Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A post about the man in my life...

My husband, Ryan, has started running again. Now I don't mean jogging along every now and then. I mean every other day (at least), six to eight miles, in very professional looking Nike gear. Oh, and have I mentioned that he does this shirtless and he is now almost the same size as me? Ryan ran track all the way through high school and still holds a record at Tulsa University where he was their golden boy. Since being married and having a kid, life kinda got in the way of him running. Well, he decided he wanted to get back in shape and he got after it. With only six months of training he is totally kicking butt at weekend races, usually winning his age group. Well, his Memorial alumni race was this past weekend. All the high schoolers run to determine their placement on either varsity or JV and quite a few alumni show to race as well. So basically, Ryan, age 35, was trying to beat a huge group of seventeen-year-olds along with alumni that have graduated in the past few years so I don't think they should even count as alumni. There were a few other guys his age but not many. Here are some pics:

Here's the starting line. Yeah, I can't find him.

Aaaaannnnnnddddd, here's my husband's body. Here's him crossing the finish line. Oh how I wish it were closer so his facial expression was bigger. I'm pretty sure that you would hear "Chariots of Fire" playing in your head just like me.Chatting it up with some other VERY RECENT alumni:And here he is giving Hayden his medal. That's right. I said medal. Out of those basquillion teenagers my husband came in 9th overall. WAY TO GO, HUBBY! I am very proud of you. But listen, if your weight comes within 10 pounds of mine we're going to have to talk.

Ok, Ryan story number 2: So, I have a had a rough couple of days. I am doing much better so I won't go into any details but my sweet hubster came home last night with ...


and...and last but certainly not least (in fact, it may be the most important)...There were actually three chocolate bars last night. I honestly have no idea what could have happened to the other two so quickly.

So I got to go to bed last night eating milk chocolate and catching up on if Bradley Cooper is dating Jen or Renee, what drama is going on with the Gosselins and checking out who was on the worst dressed list this week. It was heaven.

Babe, you're the best. I'm a lucky gal.

1 comment:

  1. what a thoughtful husband! we need to get our families together soon!

    ReplyDelete