Sunday, August 2, 2009

There's a party on my eyelids!

Why is it that one little tube of eyeliner can make my day, scratch that, month sooooo much better? I don't know, but all that matters is-it does, thankyouverymuch. I have all but given up on potty training. Yes, Hayden is three and yes, she starts school in 22 days and yes, she is supposed to be potty trained to go to school. I GIVE UP! Oh, and if I hear from anyone else that says their kid potty trained in one day when the day they turned two I am going to scream in their face. Why do I only hear of these people?!?!?!? Where are all the other people whose kids are in total control of using the potty, know full well how to do it, have even decided on certain days that they are going to do it, but then go back to pooping and peeing in their underwear all the time because they just DO.NOT.WANT.TO potty train? Anyway, it has once again become a power struggle and I was loosing my mind so I have put her back in Pull-Ups for now until she decides she wants to do it. Sooooo, back to the eyeliner story. My sweet mom-in-law called me the other day when she knew I had already cleaned poop out of underwear three times by lunchtime (CF kids poop a lot) and told me she was coming over. She told me to get lost and gave me cash to go spend while I was out doing WHATEVER I WANTED ALL BY MYSELF. So, I know everyone will be shocked at this but...I went straight to the mall. I did not pass go, I did not collect $200, I marched myself right on up to the Clinique counter and bought a new lipstick. Already feeling better by this point, I went down to Victoria's Secret and got my FAVORITE (I'm all into using caps for effect in this post, if ya can't tell) new makeup item. Brown Glitter Liquid Eyeliner. Now I don't mean a subtle shimmer. I am talking ga-litter! But here's the thing: I doesn't look like I put something on my face I got at Limited Too (or Justice, whatever), when drawn in a thin line, it is still very grown up looking. It just happens to be way more fun than any other eyeliner you will ever own in your entire life. Because it has GLITTER in it and that just makes everything better, doesn't it?!? It does for me apparently. Because after that I was all prepared to go back home refreshed and ready to face however much poop necessary because I had new makeup. How can you be upset when you have a party on your eyelids? Well, you just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment