Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cystic Fibrosis Gala 09 - pictures

I just received a disc of pictures from the gala's photographer so I can now share some with you!
The event was at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum and we had about 325 in attendance. It was a lovely evening! We raised over $150,000 for medical research!!!
Me and the hubby:
My lovely mother:
My bff, Kristin. In case your saying to yourself "Man I love her necklace!", it's Stella and Dot and she sells it. www.stelladot.com/kmiller. I had to help her out. She's just starting up her business :)
From left to right, Ryan's best friend Jonathan Pillow and his wife, Ensa, Ryan and me (obviously), Ensa's sister and brother-in-law, Jenni and William Choi.You might remember my post here about modeling in Dallas and meeting another model whose brother and sister both have CF. Well, Allison, her mother and father, and her brother and his wife all drove up from Dallas to attend the event. I was so thrilled they came. Here she is with her mother. Yes, I know she's gorgeous.From left to right (excluding me and Ryan): Jerry Streck (his wife Sage has CF and was given an award at the event. Sage wasn't well enough to attend so Jerry accepted the award on her behalf), Jake Moran (my friend Allison's brother who has CF), Ryan's parents, Tim and Sherry Siler.This is Jackie Dubois Miller with her husband and her little son, Max. Jackie has CF and is doing well enough that she was able to go through pregnancy and stay pretty healthy. Getting pregnant can be a huge risk for CF females. It is very difficult on the body and can cause a drop in lung function. Little Max attended last year as a brand new baby and wore a onesie that said "Find a Cure for My Mommy".
Ok, I'm not sure exactly who all is in this picture but I know that some of them are from the family that owns Cuppies and Joe. I wanted to mention that they donated all the amazing cupcakes we had for dessert in honor of their friend who passed away from CF. The cupcakes were WONDERFUL and we so appreciated the donation! Go give Cuppies and Joe your business if you live in the OKC Metro area! (While I'm doing plugs, florist shop Designs by Tammy from Edmond donated all the floral arrangements on our tables for the third time in a row this year. If you need flowers use Tammy!)
Ok, back to the pictures.

This cutie is Julia Kate Richter. She also has CF and was featured in a video that we showed that evening.Here is Aubry McLendon, CEO of Chesapeake Energy, presenting Jerry Streck with his wife, Sage's, David Kenworthy Kerr award. Mr. Kerr was McLendon's cousin and he passed away from CF when they were teens.My executive director, Celia Palmer, asked if I would have Hayden do a painting to give to Mr. McLendon as a thank you for his involvement. I presented it to him before he gave his speech. He has since sent Hayden a letter thanking her for her "masterpiece"! Here he is with Hayden's "Beautiful Monster", as she named it.
Here is the Faulk family receiving the Breath of Life award. This amazing family quit their jobs, sold their house, picked up their entire family and moved to Tennessee so their daughter, Capri, could be a part of a clinical trial for one the foundation's most promising drugs. Without people like them we wouldn't have the medications that are available today.
My father-in-law, Dr. Tim Siler, gave a medical research update. Behind him on the screen is the CF foundation's drug development pipeline. This bar graph has every single drug in development and it shows what phase it is in. There is sooooo much promise in that one graph!
Here is the canvas and outfit I did for Hayden's auction item all in place.
This was Capri Faulk's auction package. Considering Hayden is slightly Tinkerbell obsessed, my dad staked out this package making sure no one outbid him on it. Hayden was so thrilled the next morning when she woke up and found this in the living room.
It was a wonderful evening! Now I have a few months off before we start planning for next year! Put November 12th, 2010 on your calendars!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing pictures of this event with your readers who couldn't be there! I saw a few people I recognized! Glad you were able to raise so much money for CF.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great event I was able to help several CFF chapters this year at their galas with auction items to raise money. Please keep me in mind for next years event.

    http://www.charityfundraising.autographstore.com

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Alyssa!! Looks like an amazing event! You are such a neat person - what an accomplishment!!!

    ReplyDelete