Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No matter what, I am blessed...

It has been a rough couple of days. Ryan and I have had to come to terms with our financial situation and are looking at making some drastic changes. We will be selling large items, selling my car, etc. We were talking about selling our home and getting something smaller but my realtor friend did some numbers for me and discovered our house is worth less than we paid for it right now due to the economy. I am currently trying to think of jobs I could take on that would have flexibility for me to stay at home. It really is a difficult and humbling time for us. In light of this, I keep remembering that, no matter what material things we lose, I still have what's important. No matter what...I am blessed. I have an amazing husband. He is my best friend. He is strong, hardworking (that's an understatement),talented, sensitive and a wonderful father. Even in this difficult time we are rock solid. I have a wonderful child. I am so grateful that she is healthy! No amount of "stuff" is more important than that. She is strong, bright, funny, loving and an inspiration to me. Ryan and I have an amazingly supportive and loving family. Our parents and grandparents are always there for us and we are so lucky to have them, not only as parents, but also friends. Speaking of friends, I am surrounded by the best. My friends are there to lift me up, make me laugh, tell me like it is, help out when I need it, help me grow spiritually, and the list goes on and on. I have a loving God. He doesn't judge me for poor choices on purchases, He knows my situtation and the reasons behind it and loves me just as much. He hears my prayers and never leaves during the hard times. He has a plan for my life and doesn't make mistakes. He is an amazing God. These are the things that matter. This a hard time but, no matter what...I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I love these words! I have been blessed and encouraged just reading them. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you will find that when you do get rid of those expensive things you will actually feel lighter. We've gone through times like this with me staying home as well, so I can relate. You really do have to sacrifice some things to stay home, but it's SO worth it!

    Good luck to you and God will always take care of you! If you guys need anything, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete