Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

I made this for dinner tonight and was reminded just how yummy it is. I thought I'd share it with you! It's made in the crockpot and it super easy. My friend, Whitney, gave me the recipe for the Hayden's Heroes cookbook.


Sweet and Sour Meatballs


1 9-10 oz. jar sweet and sour sauce

1/4 c. packed brown sugar

3 T. soy sauce

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 tsp. pepper

3 lb. bag frozen meatballs

1 medium red bell pepper, cubed

1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, drained


Combine all ingredients but meatballs and stir until combined. Add meatballs and toss to coat. Cook on low in crockpot for 7-8 hours. Serve over white rice or mashed potatoes. My family prefers the potatoes. Also, I never actually use the full bag of meatballs. For my family of three (which includes a man that eats like a garbage disposal) I probably use about 1 1/2 lbs. of the meatballs. Basically I just keep dumping them in until it looks like I have enough.


Hope you love it!!

2 comments:

  1. Alyssa---this is mindy danielle's friend. She was telling me about a purchase you made that I am very interested in. If you don't mind, could you email me at mindygoff@hotmail.com! Thanks so much. Ps---LOVE your baby boy's room!

    ReplyDelete